Thursday, October 18, 2012

Autumn, Fall, Or Praise The Lord It's NOT Hot Anymore!

Thankful Thursday: We Can Go Outside Again!

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and heavens above, fall is upon us!  You know how there is a known medical disorder called SAD?  Well, there is and it stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder and it has been discussed and thought of as a medical condition since Civil War times.  Yeah, a diagnosis for people who get sad during the winter.  I need one of those, except excessive heat related, especially come August and September when I feel like I'm going to loose my mind it's so hot here!  An overall slump takes over like I am literally melting and can't find my limbs to do anything with.

But alas, it is finally October!  Not only that but it is the middle of October, even better!

This week I am so thankful for fall!  Thankful for weather my boys can play outside in without my supervision because outside play in the summer here requires constant adult attention.  Adult attention because we are in the pool or because mine little ones get overheated so very quick and I'm not into toddler heat stroke. So hallelujah, we can ride bikes again, jump on the trampoline, play with chalk, chase bugs, and my absolute favorite, leave all the windows open and smell that wonderful autumn air!

There is always a day that comes in October when I open my door one day and say (in the words of a former patient of mine), "Praise Jesus! Fall is here!"  You may think that's being a bit dramatic but as a born and raised Flagstaff girl and a girl who believes in being thankful for all things good I say it is right on.  This year fall flirted way to long for my taste but I believe (and please may I not be rushing it here) fall is finally, finally here!

May you all enjoy this wonderful season especially those that like me live a little too close to the equator!

No comments:

Post a Comment